Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elaine70_gw

LG Washer Dryer Extended Warrenty

elaine70
13 years ago

Purchased the LG washer and dryer front load a couple of months ago for our new home...been using for about a week and we're looking at purchasing the extended warrenty.

Model DLG2051W &WM2050CW. Never in the pass, but we've never purchase a W&D like this before...Any input, direction or opinions are welcome...

Thanks

Comments (7)

• computerklutz
    13 years ago

Buy the extended warranty! I bought my LG Frontloader washer and dryer 6 years ago. I love them, but was very glad to have the warranty. The electric panel board went out on the washer after 2 years, (warranty covered it, would have been over $800 repair). Two weeks after my 5 year warranty was over the gasket boot (the rubber seal inside door) ripped badly and started to leak. The repair guy wanted $475 to fix it. I bought the boot gasket online and fixed it myself. It was a difficult job but I did it. Now my gaskets are starting to grind on the washer so I'm not sure if I can get it fixed or will replace. The dryer has never had a problem at all! I know Square Trade warranties are about 1/3 the cost of the warranty at Sears...
    All that aside, I love my LG. It has never smelled, never got yucky or mildewy. Even when I opened it all up to replace the boot gasket, there was no mildew, sludge etc.
    I really love LG and will get another one.

• computerklutz
    13 years ago

oops, meant bearings are griding...not gasket.

• totsuka
    13 years ago

But the extended warranty. I always buy my appliances from Lowes and they have a great 4 year extended warranty run by GE. And I got an additional two years before that one ran out. It really paid off. All appliances will break.

• gogo4
    13 years ago

I bought my LG's from Home Depot 3 years ago with a 4 yr. extended warranty. Add me to the list of those who have been less than happy with responses from LG's customer "service!"
    However, I am very, very happy with the responses and service from the HD extended warranty dept. I'll gladly sign a new extended warranty contract as this one closes out if one is offered.

• debo_2006
    13 years ago

I'm a firm believer in EW especially on items like this that are virtually all electronic. I just purchased the LG top load washer and matching dryer today and got the 5 year warranty.

My current Kenmore Elite had the mother board break 3-4 times on both the W and D. Luckily, I had the EW b/c those boards cost $350 plus labor. Can't wait to get those units out of my house. They've been nothing but headaches from the 2nd year on. I'm now on borrowered time with the dryer and hope it lasts until the new set comes in (in 2 weeks since they're out of stock).

Get the EW for piece of mind on these electronic boxes.

• mark40511
    13 years ago

**************HINT***************

I'm not sure if this what helped my Duet, but after a year of owning it, the board went out. I read someone recommend keeping these machines with sensitive electronics plugged into a surge protector, so I plugged mine into one once the board was replaced. It's been almost 5 years later and I've had no issues with the error codes or board going out. Is that what has helped it? I don't know. But you can at least try it :)

• msgreatdeals
    13 years ago

So glad I checked here. I have the Whirlpool Duet washer and after 2 years had major circut board problems. I was so glad the salesman talked me into the 5 year warrenty. When the 5 years is up, out it goes.
    I just found a great price on the LG DLGX2502W at Home Depot. Was debating if I should go for the 4 year at $99. My presnt dryer is a Sears Elite and about 7 years old without any problems ever but the new machines are so electronic now....surge protector sounds like a great idea. I use them for the TVs and computers. Never thought about appliances.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!