Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
F & P dryer fix or replace

Posted by daggett (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 10:51

I have a top loading f&p dryer that is about 8 years old. I have loved this dryer in spite of several repairs. With Dadoes help we have been able to make all repairs that occurred out of warranty easily. Well it is time for a new bearing and possibly a belt in the near future. It appears that f&p is discontinuing their top loading dryer and I'm concerned that parts will be harder to come by and more expensive. Also I'm not sure how much to spend on an eight year old dryer.

I have been looking at the old standard Whirlpool with hamper door and top mount lint screen and a Miele dryer, I would purchase the matching washer at a later time when my current washer gives out. Can a king size comforter or bedspread be washed and dried in the current sized Miele's? It appears the larger sized Miele w&d have been discontinued. I have also looked at the Speed Queen dryer. My dryer vent has 4 turns so I would like a dryer with a lot of airflow.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what to purchase.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: F & P dryer fix or replace

This is an electric dryer correct?

I vote replace.

I don't think a king size comforter or bedspread can be washed well in the euro size washers. At least not a standard sized standard thickness one. Some really thick queen size have problems.

But a king size duvet cover and king size sheets can.

Then take down comforter to the dry cleaner every 2-3 years. Or if living on the edge :) wash at Laundromat with extra gentle soap on gentle cycle then place in dryer with a few tennis balls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here