Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Introducing...Frigidaire Top Loading Washers (HE)

Posted by georgect (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 8:38

Found this on Youtube (premiered on Aug 23, 2012).

New Frigidaire Top Load HE washer and (front load) matching dryer.

Let the conversation begin.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frigidaire Top Load

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Introducing...Frigidaire Top Loading Washers (HE)

You beat me to it.. ;-)

I wonder if Electrolux will eventually slap their name on it - with added stainless steel drum and a heater or whatever premium-features they would think of.

Other than that, its a big AgiTub. Kinda like LG when in Scrubbing mode. Not too keen on that rinsing jet that dumps water on the tub but not on the laundry.

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: Scrubbing LG

o

@whirlpool_trainee...I bet they will (like you said) put their name on it with stainless steel tub and heater etc.

I'm sure they'll monitor peoples reaction to the Frigidaire fist and make adjustments to the Electrolux version.

o

Just a heads up...

Word on the street is that this new Electrolux top load washer should be coming out this October.

o

Heater? Spin speed?

Doesn't look like anything other manufacturers haven't already done. Did you see the fine print about "compared to leading top load HE washers under MSRP $749"?

Oh well, can't be worse than the junk TLs that Frigidaire has foisted on the unsuspecting public for the last 30 years.

o

ok here you go. click for brochures

FAHE4044M W
FAHE2022M W
FAHE1011M W

Top-line 4044 model has window in lid, manual water level overrides, and (only) 800rpm max spin speed. 2022 doesn't get the see-thru solid lid, is auto fill level only, and 700rpm. 1011 has less sound insulation and 600rpm. All are 3.4 cu.ft. DOE. None heat their own water.

Weak, IMO.

o

I wonder why Electrolux never used the WaterAid system in the US? Then again, the washer only got two out of five stars on http://www.productreview.com.au.

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: Very informative user's manual

o

We usually don't get the good stuff in the US, or if we do, it arrives almost a year after the rest of the world gets it.

GE had a recirculating water thing like that for a long time - it even ran the recycled water spray through a filter - but don't think the new ones still use that design. I know the filter is gone - it had to be removed and replaced each time the washer was used and I doubt that was popular with customers.

Haven't had time to look through the Electrolux TL manual but notice it too says nothing about crucial items like spin speeds and water temperatures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here