Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find a Good stand-alone Hanging Rod?

Posted by nostalgicfarm (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 8:36

I am trying to get a basement laundry/utility room workable before we get moved in in a few weeks. We are a family of 5, so a lot of laundry! I like to fold/hang clothes during the week and put everything away once or twice a week. Needing your suggestions on a good laundry rod about 4-6 feet long that won't fall apart? The $30 ones at WallyWorld just look like they would break if I put my 4 year olds t-shirts on them! I am in Nebraska with NO Container Store, but I would be glad to order from IKEA/Container Store/Amazon. I just don't want to fight junk. (Although it doesn't need to be madeout or platinum either!)
Thanks Everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find a Good stand-alone Hanging Rod?

Have you thought about getting a shower curtain rod and mounting it from the ceiling or between 2 post? I don't know what your basement looks like, mine is unfinished. But a shower curtain rod is a finished rod and could be mounted nicely in a finished room I would think.

o

Enduring-That is a good idea. Unfortunately I don't think my husband wouldlike that. We have tehabed this whole house, and he is being particular about anything coming in must be very nice.

o

I have a clothes rack made of metal that I got from Target. It is expandable, on wheels and folds for storage. If you don't have a store near you, you can order it online.

o

I get the "every thing must very nice". Have you done a search on Houzz for what you are looking for? They often list what the elements are that are shown. Open the particular image you like and there are usually a bunch of questions and answers related to the pic. Post one that you like here to help us see your vision.

o

Have you seen the Sheila maid? Nice and functional depending on how large your space is.
Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sheilamaid

o

Thanks everyone! After going through Home Depot for the zillionth time during this rehab, I passed the wire/plastic closet organizers. I think I will ask Hubby if he will install the brackets for it with cement screws...then I canhave a nice hanging rod and another section with shelves for baskets!
I sshould stay off Houzz, the laundry is in an unfinished basement...I just know my husband wouldn't go for something hanging from the ceiling. So for now, I just work with the space I have...and finish it later!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here