Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A lint trap test

Posted by michelle_phxaz (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 8:16

How many of you wash your lint trap often? I don't mean taking the lint out each time you use the machine, I mean wash it with soap and water. Probably not many, and I learned this trick from a fireman of all people.

Take your lint trap to the sink and run water over it. Do the holes of the mesh get filled with water or does it all just run through leaving no hole filled with a water drop? If you use liquid fabric softener you will have this problem more than without any softener. If the water doesn't flow through easily, air can't flow through as well either and this can cause dryer fires.

Every few weeks take the lint trap and wash it with soapy water and a soft scrub brush (don't rip the mesh) and rinse well. I guarantee the rinse will leave almost none of the mesh clogged, which means the air flow won't be impeded either.

Do this test, it is amazing how true it is!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A lint trap test

I did know this. Just proves how much traditional FS coates things.

I only use a natural softener and I don't get that build up.

o
RE: A lint trap test

FWIW....have used Downy and sometimes dryer-sheets for decades. Do not now and never have had this issue. Aware of problems with build-up of these products on other people's dryer screens only from reading here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here