Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

is this OK?

vacuumfreak
13 years ago

I would like some advice if anyone knows the answer.... I have an Edgestar ventless combo washer/dryer. It's working great still after three years, which is terrible. I hope it breaks soon so I can get the larger capacity LG model instead :o) Anyway, it is in my bedroom closet, and tonight, I got tired of the loud vibration during the spin cycle. I took it off the wheel dolly, and placed it directly on the floor. That significantly reduced the noise from vibration... I can sleep now, yay! However, I had to place it on the carpet... a very short pile, almost indoor/outdoor carpet. I am just wondering if this is OK to do, or if it's likely to cause a fire or overheat the machine. I don't want to have any problems.... I'm using it a lot more lately (so fed up with the apartment facilities)... I got a wooden drying rack to supplement the small and slow drying part of the machine, so I won't use the dryer part very often, but I still may want to from time to time.... I don't want to worry about fires though. What do you think? I know nobody can guarantee that it won't cause a fire, but I wonder if it's likely, being so much closer to the floor now... when it was on the dolly, there was at leas an inch or more of space under it... Even though my used one came with the dolly, it was an optional accessory, so I know they can be used on a floor, but I wonder about carpet... the carpet really seems to dampen the vibration and I would hate to have to put it back on the dolly... especially since it weight 200 pounds.... you should have seen me trying to remove it! Thanks!

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living