Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Method Detergent vs Seventh Generation

Posted by lostinit (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 4, 10 at 4:04

Which is better? I've been thinking about going to Method but its more expensive yet more convenient and according to testimonials it does a more thorough job of cleaning than 7th Gen does for HE machines.

Anyone have experience with Method?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Method Detergent vs Seventh Generation

I really, really like the new Method Smartclean detergent. It cleans well, smells great (I used the Peony scent), and leaves clothes soft and bright. I've also been using Vaska detergent lately and love it, too.

I've never used 7th Generation detergent, so can't comment on that one.

o

I too really like the Method Smartclean. I have unscented, Fresh Air and Peony. I use half scented/half unscented as I don't like very much scent left (just a hint). They also have a 4th (Sweet Pea) available only at Toys R Us right now.

I really does leave clothes soft and bright.

I recently started using it to pretreat stains. I just squirt a very small bit on the spot and rub around - so handy with the pump. Even greasy stains seem to be coming out this way.

I too love the Vaska for sheets/towels/special items. Smells wonderful.

I have used 7th Gen (liquid Eucalyptus/Lavender I think). I didn't love it. I found it suds too much in my FL. That's the only one I have experience with.

Let us know if you try and it what you think.

o

Love the new Method in the pump. I use the free and clear variety. It is easy to carry home from the store, easy to store at home, easy to use and does a great job. I have soft water and only use 1 pump for small to medium loads, 1 1/2 pumps for larger loads. Everything comes out very clean with no fragrance. Much better than messy powders and gallon bottles of liquids.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here