Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mieleforme

Miele Remote Vision Wireless Module & 5 Year Warranty $198

mieleforme
13 years ago

(Only For Super large Capacity Machines)

Score!!!!

I came across this offer while searching for Persil, thought it was too good to be true. Hers the thing, I purchased my W4842 & T9822 in January. I have wanted to get an extended service contract (have 1 year from purchase) but crap its so much money. $500.00 for both units. As for the Remote Vision Modules, well at over $300 each that was totally out of the question. My opinion, those should have been standard equipment. Now you can get both a 5-year extended service contract and a remote vision module for $189. What once would cost over $1000 for both units (washer & Dryer) you can now get for under $400. Thing is this is an offer for new purchases. But, I found out you can do it for units previously purchased (within the year). All you have to do is call to order and have the unit serial numbers ready for them to register. I called to ask and originally they werenÂt sure. The dude that helped me said he would talk to their Miele rep and get back to me. He was very helpful and returned my call the next day explaining they could do it. He explained they had never done it before so this is something many retailers donÂt know about.

If you are interested I would call IraWoods @ 1-800-472-9923. Extension 191 gets you Eric. He knows how to do it and heÂs supper helpful. Another great thing is there was no sales tax. My Remote Vision Modules have shipped and I am so glad I put off buying a warrantee.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Remote Vision Wireless Module & 5 Year Warranty For Super Large Capacity Washer

Comments (15)

• mieleforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Correction they are $198 not $189

• fahrenheit_451
    13 years ago

That's a good deal, and I would purchase it with new Mieles just because I do not believe the latest in this series has it completely right; the next of the series will probably get it right.

However, Miele USA, to me, still does not have its act together. They have too little field service techs; product deficient customer service reps; a rote default "the customer does not understand how to use the machine" from the German head office (more like the head office failed to do a good job educating its buyers and writing proficient user manuals); a website that rates back a decade ago in function and execution (in others words an "F").

I believe that Miele is one of the better manufacturers when it comes to built-in obsolescence, but my wife and I will be looking at all our options when we purchase again.

• sshrivastava
    13 years ago

I fail to understand the usefulness of this product. It alerts Miele when there is a fault, then Miele contacts you to schedule a service appointment. Why would I pay for this when I can recognize a fault myself and call Miele? It would be different if Miele could actually program the machines remotely, but that is not a documented or promoted feature of the Vision module.

It seems like an insufficient use of technology to me.

• oregpsnow
    13 years ago

Remote Vision Module?? Hee Hee Hee. Sounds like a way to get even more money from customers who have already paid a bundle for their machines. Some people will fall for every gizmo that comes along. Especially if it is expensive and has a cool name.

• mieleforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I agree the remote vision application seems unnecessary at this point but with further development its use may reach way beyond todayÂs application. From what I have heard it does have two way communications though that is not utilized at the moment. With all of that said most of you are missing the point. The warranty is what I was after. Not only did I get it $50 cheaper per unit, the Remote Vision Modules were included. I think itÂs a great deal. Hopefully one day I will be able to get a PC update without a visit from Miele, but rather a simple download. If not the way I look at it, I got a discounted 5 year warranty and some fancy wifi connection devices that have yet to serve a useful purpose.

• fahrenheit_451
    13 years ago

mieleforme,

Yes, you received an excellent deal. I give Miele a hard item because they can do better in the US (immer besser), but are behind the eight ball so far. The Miele RemoteVision is a spin-off of their commercial systems. It can do a lot, and I was told that the abilities have yet to unfold, and the system is proprietary). Miele had better hurry-up though as others in the market place are now starting to release their own versions (e.g. Kenmore).

• mieleforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Happy to report everything still working flawlessly. Miele is receiving the "Ping" every hour from both the washer and dryer that simply verifies communication. Miele also sent me a registration form for my serial numbers, it isnÂt necessary for the retailer to do this if you buy online or over the phone. Both units are configured and registered and IÂm one happy camper. Now IÂm thinking I want to bring in a fault to test the notification system, lol!! how lame am I ? Maybe IÂll go Plug the dryer filterÂÂ

• fahrenheit_451
    13 years ago

Maybe I'll go Plug the dryer filterI'd advise against that as there is a sensor that needs to be reset by a service tech should you cause its failsafe to kick-in, and Miele might void your dryer warranty for such antics. Plus, the database will record that you are not properly cleaning your filter as a potential cause of the failsafe.

• mieleforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No fail safe that would need to be reset kicks in for that, it just shuts down. It resets after you open the door. I had a big comforter drying one time that restricted the air flow and caused this to happen. So I tried it, and I closed the cold water inlet to the washer. Below are the emails I received shortly after the faults occurred. This morning Miele contacted me to see if I needed further assistance correcting these issues. How is cool is that?

Your Miele appliance (W4842) has generated a fault message F10 (Water intake fault cold water).

We received this fault message from your machine on 8/30/2010 11:29:57 PM.
    Possible Cause:
    The water faucet is closed

Possible Remedy:
    -Check if the water supply is open

Your Miele appliance (T9822) has generated a fault message F66 (Air leakage fault).
    We received this fault message from your machine on 8/30/2010 9:58:01 PM.

• fahrenheit_451
    13 years ago

No fail safe that would need to be reset kicks in for that, it just shuts down. It resets after you open the door. I had a big comforter drying one time that restricted the air flow and caused this to happen. There are two sensors in the gas dryer, and one, given the right conditions and too much heat needs to be reset via service tech. Hence, this is why they arrived at the latest filter screen design, and redesigned the air fan for better air flow in the later models, or modified early models if you were having issues.

Sounds like you're having fun with the setup!

• mieleforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well for these purposes I was only using the 15 min cold cycle. I didnÂt need to dry anything and this dryer gets way to hot on the 45 min warm, scorches things IMO. However, it is a T9822 and was fully updated from the get go. SoÂtell me more of the filter redesign. What have they changed since the originals? The only thing I know of is the orifice attachment that came with mine, to be installed on the exhaust line. I was never quit certain why Miele decided later on to reduce the air flow. I know there were complaints of exhaust noise. IÂm guessing it has something more to do with gas/flame control.

• fahrenheit_451
    13 years ago

mieleforme,

Please read my posts in this thread: Miele 9820 - Self Destructed

Miele is on its third filter design for this dryer series. We used to have photographs of them here at the forum, but they are gone now. The last of the them (that I know of) is this one:

{{!gwi}}

• mieleforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is the filter I have. What was the problem with the first two?

• fahrenheit_451
    13 years ago

mieleforme,

The 1st generation had no honeycomb holes along the top of the filter (sorry, I have no photograph of the 1st generation); the 2nd generation incorporated honeycomb holes, but they were too small; the 3rd generation increased the size of the honeycombs for increased airflow.

The fan was redesigned for increased airflow and quietness. If you carefully look at the pictures you will discover many subtle changes in the vanes, the angle of the vanes, the shape of the vanes. You really need to review the large photographs of these, but they are too huge for the forum.

• chris03
    12 years ago

mieleforme, now that it has been 10 months since you purchased Remote Vision, would you do it again? The special pricing on the program is available now and I am thinking of getting it for my new washer and dryer, mainly because the 5-year extended warranty is included.
    Anyone else have experience with Remote Vision?
    Thanks.