Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gas dryer - 23-27 inch depth

Posted by Lisa10 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 1:38

We need a new front loading washer and gas dryer and I cannot find a set that will fit. We ordered a Kenmore Elite set but they are too deep at 30 inches. Our current set are only 25 inches deep (Frigidaire which is no longer made).

Miele does not seem to have a gas dryer that would fit, only electric. My husband is insistent we need a gas as opposed to electric dryer to save on utility bills as we do a LOT of laundry.

At this point I will go with any brand that fits in the space!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gas dryer - 23-27 inch depth

We have a depth issue in the laundry room at our vacation house due to the placement of the door. The distance from the front edge of the dryer to the wall has to be less than 30.5" or the laundry room door cannot open. We have a shallow gas dryer made by GE. Slightly less capacity but you would never know it w/o reading the specs - it looks full size from the front. The sales people at Lowes understood our issue and went through their list of dryers looking for the ones shallow enough to work for us. The GE works even with a standard round flexible duct attached. For even less depth, we could have gone with a periscope style duct (maybe, depends on duct placement). Not including the duct in back, it is 26" deep. The model # is DWXR483GG7WW. It is around three years old. I just checked and GE has three 6.0 cubic foot dryers that claim 25.75" depth.

There is no depth issue with the washer, and because there is no duct in back, our location is much less sensitive to washer depth. We just have a standard Whirlpool top loader.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here