Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peter_6b

Bosch Nexxt 500, need to open door after failure

peter_6b
9 years ago

I love my Bosch washer, bought it some years ago after following many discussions on this forum. It has worked well for years, but today there was a loud 'snap' while filling, then the water flow briefly paused, then resumed, but the drum stopped turning while filling, and there was a strong burning smell, like electrical insulation burning.

I unplugged the machine, waited for a while, then plugged it back in, and was able to drain the wash, but the door didn't open at the end.

I'd like to get the clothes out before trying to repair this, if possible. I called Bosch, and the rep there said to remove the access panel, and there would be another cover plate behind that, and to take a pen, press in a hole, turn the cover clockwise, remove it, and look for a clip with wires attached. Unplug it, and the door lock would open.

Behind the access panel is what looks like the clean out cover, nothing electrical to unlock the door.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what I should do? And what might have shorted out in my washer? I wonder if it's fixable.

If it's beyond repair, there should still be some way to get the clothes out of the machine before junking it!

Thanks,
Peter

Comments (4)