Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grannysmith18

for nyc apartment - need recommendation for non venting w/d

grannysmith18
12 years ago

I'd like to have a washer and dryer installed in my apartment. Basically starting from scratch, and having a small laudry room put in. The rules of my building are that I can only put in a non-vented dryer. I don't know anything about these, and haven't been able to learn much online. I think what I probably want is a "condensation" type dryer. Does that seem accurate?

What brand/model would be best? I've heard that the Bosch make a good set, but I can't get information about the models, and what their features are.

My preference would be to get a full size washer and dryer that stack (sort of like the Whirlpool Duet), but if they have to be side by side I could do that - I don't want to sacrifice capacity.

Drying time is also a consideration. I know I won't get the same quick drying time as my mom gets in the suburbs with a vented gas dryer, but what can I expect?

Thanks for any help and insights. Any suggestions for websites that have info would also be appreciated, but it's hard to imagine anything better than this forum.

Comments (4)