Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LG Wave topload HE Washer Experience ??

Posted by catsy (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 23:27

Does anyone have any experience with this washer? I just had a bad experience with a Whirlpool Cabrio toploader and wonder if they all maybe perform alike. I don't have room for a fl washer and really would like to know thoughts/recommendationss on He toploaders.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LG Wave topload HE Washer Experience ??

Catsy,

Referencing your other posts ... what cycle did you use for the sheets and what loading technique? Looking at the Cabrio 7800 online, it has a specific cycle for sheets, described as using more water and with wash action designed to reduce wadding. These HE impeller-type machines use a very different washing action than agitator-type machines. They are less forgiving at simply tossing in a mixed load (such as sheets + towels) and selecting the Normal cycle, as people did with their old machine. It's important to sort properly and use the appropriate cycle. The various cycles are there for a reason.

As for literally "tossing in" the load, that also doesn't work so well, particularly with large items such as sheets. Each sheet (flat or fitted) should be gathered into a bundle and dropped straight down beside the drum wall ... not wrapped length-wise around the drum or laid across the impeller. Several sheets should be placed around the drum for a balanced load. Smaller pieces such as pillow cases should be placed between the larger pieces.

Mara_2008 is getting satisfactory results from her Maytag Bravos, which is a Cabrio in a different wrapper. It'd be interesting to hear some specific details on how she sorts, loading techniques, and which cycles are used. Perhaps she could put some videos on YouTube to show how her machine performs.

o

I have the LG and love it!!

o

linkay42,

Could you please make a video of the LG wave washing and rinsing? I am interested in purchasing a set but I haven't had much luck with the HE washers I have purchased (Kenmore Oasis, Kenmore HT frontloader, and the GE Harmony). I know the LG Waveforce is supposed to be similar to the GE Harmony as both are manufactured by LG. Thanks so much.

o

The door locks while washing but you can pause it to put stuff in! But do not know how to make a video of it! Ask at Home Depot that is where I got mine and love the set! Dryer dries really fast>>Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here