Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LG waveforce long wash times

Posted by julescap (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 22:12

I've owned my LG waveforce for about 5 mos now. I really love so many things about it EXCEPT that some wash times seem to take double or more the time as shown on the LCD readout when washer first starts. Anyone else notice this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LG waveforce long wash times

The initial cycle times are to be considered an estimate based on ideal or average (or laboratory) conditions. Variances in fill time per household water pressure, spin balancing attempts, flush routines for oversudsing, larger vs. smaller load sizes, and heating time for any cycle that uses an onboard water heater for a specific target temperature will increase the required time.

o

Wow I'm surprised that there could be such a large difference even taking those variables into consideration. The times seem way off and more on certain cycles than others!

o

Have you watched a load to see where the extra time is occurring? I ask because it could be balance issues causing the spin time to be reset.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here