Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendations for a new gas dryer

Posted by carolmka (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 21:47

Hi all. I currently own a GE FL which works very well for us. Our dryer which does not match and is older is beginning to have problems. The matching dryer to our washer is this GE

DCVH680GJWW - Dryer - freestanding - 27" - front loading - 7 cu. ft - white on white

but my husband is wondering if we should get a steam one or go with a different brand. I only use my dryer for sheets, towels, and my husbands shirts and pants.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendations for a new gas dryer

It's really up to what you like.

I like a matching set so I would say get the matching dryer but really any dryer will do the job.

If you think you would use the "steam" option then sure get it but really think about it. The "steam" option is just for freshening up fabrics. It is NOT a substitute for an iron.

If you wanted to freshen up something now with your current dryer you can achieve the same results but throwing a dampened wet towel with the dry items you want to "freshen up".

I personally don't see the point of a steam dryer.

Best of luck and hope you get a good deal and are happy with any decision you make.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here