Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laundry & Mudroom Elevations...please help and review layout

Posted by JeannieMer (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 21:45

LAUNDRY and MUROOM ELEVATIONS BELOW.

LAUNDRY area is 9 feet long, and I don't see any other creative options. Am I missing something?

FINAL LAUNDRY ROOM

Any comments on the two MUDROOM wall elevations? Wall A is 9 feet long, Wall B is 2.5 feet.

Is this a good use of space? We have two adults, two children in the family, and need to store mainly shoes, hockey and lacrosse equipment, tennis gear, and coats/mittens/swim stuff. We have added outlets for charging phones. What do you think?
MUDROOM FINAL

Here is a link that might be useful: My Whole House Plans Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laundry & Mudroom Elevations...please help and review layout

I have a laundry room layout similar to yours, but my hanging space and cabinets are reversed. I wasn't sure the hanging space over the sink would be a good idea as if something slipped off a hanger and the sink was soaking something, I'd end up with my clean item all wet in a sink of soap and/or stain remover. Can you tell me why you decided to have your hanging space over the sink? Curious, in case I missed something! LOL

This is a pic from our cabinet guy of how the laundry room will be:

o
RE: laundry room height

Oh, and my laundry room has a 9' ceiling so I didn't take my cabinets to the ceiling like you did as they would interfere with my light on the ceiling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here