Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fausta76

Please post pics of your laundry room...

fausta76
15 years ago

and tell me what is your must have item/feature in there? I'm looking for some inspiration for this neglected room in our house remodel!

thanks!

Comments (6)

• deke
    15 years ago

Okay, here is my pride and joy (see link). We went with a sort of 'Euro' laundry in the kitchen. Some people thought that would be weird, but it is working great. No, clothes and food never mingle! It is essentially a 'laundry center' at the end of the kitchen. I designed and built the entire thing - cabinets over the counter, cabinets enclosing the units, counter, bead board, shelf over the door. The counter is butcher block and is secured - yet can easily be removed in case the little Miele's ever need servicing (they better not!).

However, guess what. I killed myself doing all this and my wife is basically hijacking the laundry. Each of us rush home to get to it, but she almost always wins. That is not fair, besides, I fold much better than she does! :-)

P.S. Forgive the microwave on the fridge - has since been replaced and moved!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• lcp213nc
    15 years ago

Some favorite things abour our laundry room:

Love the acrylic sink with built in "scrub-board" and "pop-up" drain. If you're soaking things in bleach, etc., you can open the drain with a button up top instead of reaching down to the bottom of the sink. This sink can come with a whirlpool motor for washing delicate items, but I didn't want that feature.

Love my storage closet. There's room for laundry baskets, hooks for drip drying, and shelves. I didn't have the shelving come all the way forward to the doors, so I have standing room for broom and mop handles.

The Silestone counter tops and ceramic tile floors are very easy to maintain and very pretty. Counter tops can actually be used as cutting boards. I do some "home-canning/freezing" so this area is a great work space for that type of thing.

Cabinets are beautiful and arranged very handily for storing cleaning products and supplies. Cabinets are Kraftmaid (maple with a chesnut stain).

We have split pocket doors at the entry so we can close off the room if needed. (Usually we just use a hook to keep the doors open only about 3 inches. That way the cat can get to her food dish in the laundry room and dog can't!)

We left a handy space under the counter top (beside the under-sink cabinet) for hiding a large trashcan and the kitty-litter box.

I love my stacked Whirlpool Duet 9400 washer and (gas) dryer. However, we are in the middle of "board" replacement for the washer. It's only about 4 years old, but needs repairs. When it's working -- it's absolutely a wonderful machine! (The washer/dryer and sink are all "biscuit" in color.)

We love our basic "all refrig" unit in the laundry room. It's great for canned sodas/beer and all those mixers, pickels, condiments, etc., that would over-fill my pretty side-by-side frig in the kitchen. Works like a "beverage box" and the pretty counter top across from it serves as a "wet bar" area when needed.

The original laundry room was a little larger. But we took space from the original room and added it to the kitchen -- so that we now have a kitchen door (instead of having to go through the playroom room or dining room to get outside). It's all worked out very well!

Here is a link that might be useful: Laundry Room

• susieq07
    15 years ago

Left side, built in ironing board/ swivals:

right side W/D, cabs. and laun. sink, on right at entry is broom closet, jackets,etc.:

side delivery door...

Here is a link that might be useful:

• abbycat9990
    15 years ago

No recent pics, but my absolute favorite feature is the dowel rod that replaced the cabinet over the w/d. Now I hang delicates from the washer right there in the laundry room--no more hanging them in the shower woo hoo!
    Here it is shortly after the contractor finished:

• blackeyedpeas
    15 years ago

I posted pictures on the decorating forum a while back so maybe you've seen these if not well then let me show you :o)
    My small(8x9) laundry room doubles as an office so I wanted a bright, beautiful space(to me) to hang out in. My DH built a stand that is bolted to the wall, the machines are wedged between the bottom shelf and a shelf that runs the length of the units. There is cork below and above them to absorb vibration and they are wedged in there pretty good so the washer is dead still while spinning. He also built me a stand in between them to store my washing paraphernalia and I have plenty of space on top to stack clothes as I fold them. He also built me a message center/key hook/hanging area above my desk. It all works great for me!

Here you can see my message board closed.

Here it is open...

And finally, my office supplies go here

I made a cover for the panel box out of a pretty fabric but I don't have any pix yet.

• fairytalebaby
    15 years ago

Here's our laundry room. I love the rod hanging above the countertop--perfect folding/hanging station. The counter is raised to accomodate our very tall dog...and on the other side of the room is our built in cubbies with broom/dyson storage.

The sink is extra deep for soaking clothes...and I needed at least one upper cabinet to store chemicals away from curious dogs & kids