Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
infohound2006

Electrolux: 55 or 65 series?; Mold resistant or not?

infohound2006
13 years ago

I'm almost ready to purchase an Electrolux (floor model), either the EIFLs55 or an EWFLs65. Besides RPM and # of custom cycles, it doesn't look like there's that much difference between the 55 and the 65 series. What might I miss if I got a 55?

And, very importantly, what about mold? On some of the floor models, the inner and outer parts of the folded over rubber boot touched each other (usually in the 4 o'clock area). This seems bad -- a setup for mold growth.

Is that common, or a defect? Does mold grow where the sides touch? Or, do the Electrolux boots contain anti-mold/anti-bacterial, like Macroban or Triclosan? (I've heard that rumor, and Amana treats the FL washer seals with Microban, and Electrolux uses Triclosan on some product(s), but there's no mention of a biocide on the Electrolux washers website).

On the other hand, I've only seen one report of mold on the Electrolux rubber boots.) If either of the models has a biocide in the rubber boot, I'd definitely want to know (I have a mold allergy)!

So please, help me choose wisely between the 55 and the 65!

Here is a link that might be useful: Amana NFW7200TW with Microban

Comment (1)