Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilyluv

New Whirlpool Cabrio

lilyluv
13 years ago

In our new master BR, bath and laundry room remodel/addition, we are thinking about the new Whirlpool Cabrio washer/dryer. This model is new this year. It is a top loader and does not have an agitator in the middle. Does anyone have any experience with this w/d yet?

Comments (4)

• mara_2008
    13 years ago

lilyluv, the Cabrio is very similar to the Maytag Bravos. My DIL has a Cabrio and loves it. She did say she has to use either powder or liquid detergent only, though -- one of them caused real problems. I would have to ask her which one, as I don't remember that right now.

If you want to be able to wash in true hot water (140 degrees minimum), there are not any Cabrio models which have an internal water heater to assure that, AFAIK.

The Maytag Bravos does have a model with the internal water heater. I recently bought one and love it. I posted about it in the Bravos thread a bit further down the board, if you're interested in learning more.

OTOH, if you don't wish to wash in hot water, that might not be an issue for you.

• catsy
    13 years ago

I just had Lowe's pick up my Whirlpool Cabrio 7800 today after one week. It was a huge disappointment. It mangled my sheets so badly that I'm not sure the cleaners will be able to steam press the wrinkles out. Also, it continuously stopped, necessitating my redistributing the wet clothes, and once after it spinned, the clothes were still wet. I might have tried waiting for service to try and fix, but my salesman said he knew people who had always had a problem with that washer mangling their sheets. I had to return within 7 days to get my money back, and after going online and reading how many people had the very same problems I experienced, in spite of service calls, ongoing for years, I just called and let them pick it up. Now I'm wondering if all the top loader HE's have that problem. I know Whirlpool makes Maytag now. Sooo, here I am all of a sudden without a washer. Help!

• mara_2008
    13 years ago

catsy, I just saw your post. No, I haven't had any such problems as those with Maytag Bravos. I don't know why there's a difference, but there does seem to be a real difference.

• lilyluv
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, we did get the Cabrio W/D, it has been about 4 weeks and so far we love it. No problems yet. It is just the DH and I, but I LOVE the fact I can wash King size comforters, sheets, etc. with plenty of room! They came out perfect!
    Catsy, so sorry to hear it wasn't good for you. Since our contractor forgot to put in our dryer vent during the Master suite w/laundry room addition construction.... we are just happy to have a W/D now that works! Hope we don't have any problems out of this pair!