Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
itguy08

I Think I Figured how Steam works in the washer

itguy08
12 years ago

I had a chance to try the steam refresh function on our Kenmore washer today and I think I figured it out.

Had a few dress shirts that were washed a while ago but somehow ended up in a pile. Needless to say they were very wrinkled so I figured I'd try the Steam Refresh cycle and see how it does. Put them in and dialed it up. Stood by it for 20 minutes with a flashlight (yes I'm that much of a geek). After about 5 minutes the window started fogging up as the steam was coming from the nozzle that usually shoots the water on the clothes. It went on like this for a while and at the end I pulled the shirts out. Not perfect but about what I get when I use the clothes steamer. I was impressed.

So I think there may be something to this steam thing in the washer. It certainly comes out of the hole that sprays water on the clothes. It is definitely steam or at least very hot water that it deposits on or near the clothes. Now how long it lasts or how hot it is, I don't know but I think I get the theory of how it works.

Again I'm not sure I'd pay $3-400 more for it but at $100 or so I think it's a good thing, if nothing else than for this steam refresh feature.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm