Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frugal lint filters

Posted by puzzlefan (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 19:42

Lint filters for my washer used to drive me crazy with their cost and non clean ability. I tried different options and stumbled on one with items on hand. I used the plastic mesh from my craft supplies; cut pieces about four inches tall by 3 inches wide (depends upon your drain diameter) I used the plastic twine about an inch from the bottom of the tube I created and put a clothespin at the top to hold the shape. No more expensive lint filters. Letting the dry makes them easy to unroll and clean. I have four standing on my utility sink ready for use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frugal lint filters

Why don't you just let the lint flush down the drain?

o

Just letting it "go down the drain" is unwise even for city people as most sewer systems are over taxed. With drain field in rural areas, anything excess should not go down the drain.

o

puzzlefanl: oh pluh-ese. tree-huggers drive me nuts. haven't you got more to worry about than lint in waste water????

(now back to our regularly scheduled program)

o

Puzzlefanl, thanks for the helpful contribution to our forum's information base. Someone might find it helpful, and that's what these forums are all about.

As for myself, I really appreciated Dave1812 taking the time to insult the OP and point out that this is a trivial, stupid issue to worry about. I'm considering changing my entire point of view concerning my impact on the environment and wastewater issues, am giving my composter away, and am going to go right downstairs and flush my leftover paint thinner down the drain. It's amazing what the impact of a snarky post can be, isn't it?

Or maybe not so much....

o

cj47, your post is the epitome of snarky. well done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here