Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele FirmWare MODS

Posted by chefwong (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 29, 13 at 18:20

I'm going to ask the service tech nicely....let's see if he says sure, I CAN load the 4842 Firmware on your machine..

All I want is a Clean Machine Cycle for 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=693RCrMTAVk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele FirmWare MODS

I wonder if this can be replicated through: Custom/Sanitize/No Spin?

o

Mmm, I think we had this here before and tech support kept saying it couldn't be done.

You could make a cleaning cycle of your own. First link is how I did it and the second one... looks like a copy my idea ;-p

Miele Washer Cleaning

Miele Touchtronic W3033 - Turbo Drum Cleaning

Alex

o

Heh. I used to do this until the laundry room got remodeled.

In the past, I would unscrew the faucet head, put a Garden Hose Brass Adapter on it , and then extend the hose into the soap dispenser.

The new faucet (Grohe) - the head is intergrated into the flex pull out. - so the old method is not easily doable.

IF I was really motivated, I suppose I could rig somtehing up via a pool pump or do a quasi adapter conversion of the 3/8 compression off the sink shutoffs. I'm not that motivated at this time to do either.......I'll admit, I'm VERY scared on doing such. I'm Babying the Custom Hi Lacquered White Cabinets I had made...

o

Running the "Sanitize" cycle should do an even better job than the Clean Machine cycle because it is a longer cycle.

o

I do run the Sanitize Cycle. In the video links, I believe the Clean Cycle on the 4842 has at least about 1/3 tub water level.

Higher water levels is what I'm looking to achieve via the sanitize cycle.

I suppose with the Clean Cycle, the Water is about 1/6 of the water I see in the Clean Cycle. However, with the tub spinning, it does splash up to the sides of the tub. Not to the TOP but close enough..

BTW, have any of you guys seen this vid..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgNJV6TgESk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here