Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my beautiful laundrette

Posted by zandra (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 24, 10 at 17:49

Color me nutty. I want a themed and decorated laundry room. Side by side (vintage coin op? not likely but oh well) -with a shelf above with mix of attractive modern and semi-vintage, but usable soaps, brushes, measuring cups, etc. A spotless shining lineoleum floor in that speckled gray-pink-fleshtone pattern the laundromats had in the 60's. A molded plastic butterfly chair and plastic table with fashion magazines. A back door with a pretty lace curtain on the window, and best of all, a vintage neon whirlpool or maytag sign hung on the wall, along with a big round clock. Just a dream. I guess some of the most peaceful, and boring times of my life were spent in laundromats, maybe there is just a need to reclaim them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my beautiful laundrette

Sounds like a great idea to me. Not nutty at all. I think I might hang a vintage B&W TV playing some things like The Andy Griffith Show. Maybe a flickering fluorescent light? ;) Seems like they never had good lighting in the old laundromats I was in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here