Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
workingmomx3

electrolux eigd50liw vs whirlpool cabrio platinum wgd8200yw

workingmomx3
10 years ago

I need to replace my FisherPaykel DXGG1 dryer. My laundry room has a depth constraint of 33.5" (to edge of door molding). So far, I haven't found a dryer that will completely fit within that depth. After long deliberation with our local appliance store (the same guys who do all my servicing) I've narrowed my choices down to the Electrolux or the Whirlpool Cabrio.

I have selected those because the Electrolux W/D pair are the least deep for a front loader.

I like the Cabrio (or Maytag MGD850YW that I can get at roughly the same price) because they stand a bit higher and I like the access. to the dryer. I can switch the doors on these (my dryer is on the left).

My dryer vent goes down through the floor, not back through the wall. You can see my setup in the picture below. The door to either dryer will protrude past the door molding by an inch or so. I can slide the units (I'm hoping to replace both washer & dryer now) towards the laundry tub to give a bit more clearance with the exterior door swing.

Pros/Cons of each? Preference of one over the other?

Appreciate the help.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH