Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stir_fryi

Two questions about my new SpeedQueen

Delivered today. Already on my third load. Each load is averaging about 30 minutes -- my dryer can barely keep up! I do agree with others, the rinse cycle (agitation part), is pretty short.

Anyhow, my first question is why do the instructions want you to put in the detergent, then clothes and then fill? I have always filled the washer with the detergent only to dissolve the detergent -- then add clothes.

Next, is there any harm in adding additional water by turning and holding the Reset switch?

Comments (2)

• whirlpool_trainee
    9 years ago

Of course, dissolving the detergent in the water first is the best way to do it but it takes more time than most people want to or can invest in doing laundry so they dump it all in, turn the machine on and walk away.

Holding the water level at reset does no harm but is a nuisance. The usual "procedure" is to a) override the lid switch b) adjust the water level and, sometimes, c) drill out the hot water inlet to get a proper warm wash and a fast hot fill.

Here is a link that might be useful: Water level adjust

• cleanteamofny
    9 years ago

Some detergent can cause Bleach Burn or Spotting
    Discoloration if detergent is not submerge during the long fill before agitation.
    Also it should be practiced to put detergent first, for some owners of top loaders over load the machine and the load will not circulate causing powder detergent to be trapped in the folds of fabric causing detergent residue or the proper term, caking.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz