Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

Recent Experiences with Samsung TL W/D

roorezzi
10 years ago

IT WON'T LET ME EDIT THE TITLE. THIS IS ABOUT FL NOT TL
We are in the market for a new W/D .

I have read many of the bad experiences with Samsung. But most of them are from 2010 -2011.

Anyone have any newer experiences with their Samsung Front Loader washer and dryer they you can share. Can you also let me know which model you have.

We were looking at WF393BTPAWR. We are also looking at the Whirlpool Duet WFW70HEBW or the steam equivalent.

Ruth

This post was edited by roorezzi on Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 17:04

Comments (2)

• kodiak13
    10 years ago

We bought our Samsung FL last summer (end of June or first week or so of July, can't recall exact date) 2012 and it's still running great. In fact, I'm still totally in love with this machine. We bought the WF331ANR (this was the model number sold at AAFES).

The only issue we had was within the first three months the lock broke. It wasn't great to begin with but I accidentally yanked on it when it was locked (not realizing) because I was adding another towel to a load. I called Samsung and they set up a service call that week. The technician was great, replaced the lock, gave me some user tips and left. The new lock design is *much* better and has been solid.

I love the internal heater and sanitize cycle. I use perm press, quick wash, normal, sanitize, heavy duty...heck I think I've used all the different cycles. We've a large family, dogs, someone always forgets that 'xx shirt needed to be washed' and we've even used the quick wash on that favorite pair of jeans before school.

This hasn't been 'gently' used. It's used daily, often 1-2 cycles daily. It still runs as great as day one and cleans as great as it did from day one. We have filthy work clothes, dedicates, jeans and towels and bedding, and they all come out very clean and not one item of clothing has been ruined.

My only regret was not getting one sooner!

ETA -- I forgot to mention we did not buy the matching dryer. My Kenmore dryer is still working and we're not in a position to buy another dryer just for aesthetics (I did want to though!)

This post was edited by kodiakbear on Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 19:40

• roorezzi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Kodiak. I did see your posts on how you liked your samsung. Thanks for your feedback. It is the one I am leaning towards. I was wondering if many of the issues that I am reading about is more in the past and that was why I was looking for people that have purchased in the last year or so.

Anyone else have a Samsung W/D Front Loader.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz