Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maytag top loader hums as it fills...

Posted by natal (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 16:41

This happened a few months back. Eventually the washer wouldn't fill. Dh removed the hoses and cleaned the screens. That corrected the problem until today. It's humming again. He repeated the cleaning, but the humming persists.

Any suggestions on what else to do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maytag top loader hums as it fills...

Not unusual that water valve solenoids produce a hum. If the machine is otherwise working OK, may be no need to do anything.

o
RE: Maytag top loader hums as it fills...

I hope you're right. I found your Fisher Paykel post about the same issue last time this happened. You were spot on then, so hopefully now too. ;) Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fisher Paykel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here