Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore Elite HE3 washer drain motor problem

Posted by rlb4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 15:45

My washer is intermittently not draining the water. During the drain cycle it makes a rattling noise coming from the drain pump motor assembly and no water is pumped out. It does work sometimes and I checked the hoses and cleaned the filter, so I know it is not a clogged hose. When I ran the diagnostic mode it gave error code F02 which is the drain pump. I can buy either the entire drain pump assembly($160) or just the motor($75). My question is, do I need to buy the entire assembly or will just the motor do? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore Elite HE3 washer drain motor problem

Motor is sufficient, unless the sump housing is somehow damaged (which is unlikely).

o

I had a he3t washer and had to replace the drain pump twice. It is a known defect in the machine. If you remove the bottom panel you can access it very easy. there is a coin trap there that needs to be cleaned out every so often. Though it is not mentioned in the owners manual. Sears will tell you to call them to do it. I had a coin get stuck in mine and it messed up the pump, just replaced it all and it works well. Shop around online for the pump, it will save you lots of money.

o

I ordered a new motor from ebay and just installed it. It passed the diagnostic test and works perfectly now. Very simple repair.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here