Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me find the right sink!

Posted by maxiepines (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 19, 11 at 15:14

I am looking for a single tub sink (ideally undermount) that is at least 11" deep. I have a 10 pound bichon doggie who gets a "shower" in our laundry room every weekend. I love him, but think its insane to pay $400 for a deep sink. The only other option I've seen is the Swan drop-in from Home Depot for only $75 and I'm not sure about the quality. Please help me!! Thank you so much for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me find the right sink!

@maxiepines, I'm afraid you'll have to pony up a few hundred dollars to get what you want. When we were redoing the counters in our laundry room a couple of years ago I went through the same exercise and found what you found. We wanted to replace the existing nice deep SS sink we had with a new deep undermount SS sink. No such luck! We ended up cleaning, restoring and reinstalling our existing sink with the new granite counters. We upgraded the faucet and the whole set up actually looks really good, even though the sink is not undermount. I just couldn't stomach spending a ton of money for a deep sink and tossing a perfectly good one into the dump.

o

Darn! I was hoping that someone would have a magical answer for me! Just out of curiosity, what brand is yours?

I can't believe that there isn't a single viable option... doesn't it seem strange, given that many homes have laundry room sinks and/or mudrooms?? Sigh...

o

I know, that's what I thought as well...

Our is Elkay, single chamber, 11.5" deep. I'm assuming it's from the late 80s when our house was built.

o

Please do your homework about installation of under mount sinks. My kitchen sink fell out when I had my plumber installed a sink incinerator which weighed close to 30 lbs. without water. Now if he would have told me that my sink is not mounted correctly, I would not had the unit installed!

BTW, my house came with that deep sink from Home Depot and the price is insane for a piece of metal that's D shaped.
Good luck on your decision!

Here is a link that might be useful: Do it right the first time or you will regret it months later from now!

o

I'm pretty sure that 30-lb. thing your plumber installed in your sink was not an "incinerator". : )

o

You are right! LOL
IE Spell check done its job and I got burned going down that drain! hahaha

http://www.insinkerator.com/product/product.php?id=203&template=hhd

Here is a link that might be useful: IE spell check

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here