Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
omega73

Speed Queen Dryer

omega73
9 years ago

Any SQ Dryer users on here, I can't seem to find too many reviews about their dryers here or elsewhere.

Comments (5)

• triedandtrue
    9 years ago

Hi, bought a SQ w/d a little over a year ago.The model of the dryer is model ADG4BR. It is the top of the line model.
    Dryer so far has been fantastic. These models have a thermostat rather than a moisture sensor.
    Quite honestly I bought this thinking it was the mid line model. (I just wanted a dryer with a drum light).
    Anyway I nearly always use the auto dry cycles between more and less dry and it seems to work well. No more guessing how much time to set it for.

The dryer itself is very solid I must say. My old Whirlpool that lasted 26 years seemed almost tinny in comparison. Tight build quality on this SQ.
    Most of my loads I just set for regular heat, I actually have more dryer than I need.

• azmom
    9 years ago

We have a ADE3LRG dryer, I think it is a middle of the line model. The dryer is quiet and easy to use. I like the door opens left/right direction. It is same reliable as the SQ washer.

We have dry climate and intense heat most of the year. It is a perfect environment to dry clothes outdoor. We use no-heat and cool tumble setting a lot, just to fluff and screen out any dust and tiny debris that may get on the laundry.

The dryer handles our king size bedding handily. I also use it to dry down pillows.

Here is a link that might be useful: SQ ADE3LRG dryer

• omega73
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We ended up getting the SQ Dryer. Regarding the auto dry cycles, is the dial supposed to wind it's way down to finish the cycle or does it just stop and the dial remains on "more dry". I'm thinking I may have a defective machine but we just got it and so I have not run it enough to figure out what is going on.

I would think the dial would have to work it's way down to the end of the cycle. Before I go back to the appliance store I figured I'd ask in here for starters.

Thanks

• dadoes
    9 years ago

Assuming there hasn't been a recent change in the control design, SQ dryers have mechanical timers. So, yes, the timer should advance to the Off position. However, it won't move much at first when the load is started. Movement should accelerate as the items progress toward dryness.

• laundryvet
    9 years ago

Dadoes right, I think algorithm for most non-moisture sensing dryers is to have the timer advance only when the heat is not on, thus it won't move at all until the first time the heat cycles but will move a lot at the end of the cycle.

Laundryvet