Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung questions

Posted by NJAnnRose (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 14:33

I have been using my new Samsung w/d for about three weeks. Overall, I am quite satisfied butI I have a few issues.

When I use the delicate cycle the clothes are spun fairly dry from the washer and completely dry from the dryer . My previous Duet would leave them really wet in both cases so I would finish it by line drying . Is the Sansung doing a better job or is it over drying the clothes?

It will hold three sets of sheets, but when I just do two,including a King size set, they wind up in a roll out of the dryer. They are not exceptionally wrinkled but I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I used to wash them one set at a time in my old machines to avoid the wrinkles and knots as well as it not drying completely.

The lint catcher is tough to open. Is that normal or should I call Samsung?

Thanks for the advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung questions

put tennis balls in 3 separate white socks (to prevent dye transfer) and throw them in with the sheets.

the lint catcher: if you have large hands like myself, it's easy to open. i doubt there's anything wrong with yours--it's just the design.

clothes WILL come out DRY, on the Delicate cycle, if you choose normal drying.

If you have a gas dryer, the temperature will modulate between 161 degrees (give or take a few degrees), and about 100 degrees, on the delicate cycle. that's one feature of the gas dryer that I don't like. ie, the max outlet temp is always aroundf 161 degrees, regardless of the drying temp that you select. the only difference between each temp setting is how long the temperature remains near 161...

o
RE: Samsung questions

"When I use the delicate cycle the clothes are spun fairly dry from the washer."
Does your Delicate cycle not give you spin speed options?
IMO the Duet was not spinning them enough, because 'really wet' should not be happening. Just my opinion, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here