Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gr8daygw

Barker Appliance Cabinet for W/D finished!

gr8daygw
9 years ago

x post from kitchens:

o My Almost Finished Barker Cabinet Project

For the longest time I have been trying to accomplish this look for my laundry room. A couple of years ago I put a new sink, faucet and counter top just where the sink is. Then I got a new washer and dryer front load and have always wanted to do the appliance cabinet with same black pearl granite that is on the sink cabinet. Then I added two new cabinets across from the W/D with the black pearl granite that was just installed yesterday.
Some day I will change out the wallpaper but for now, I'm happy with the new changes and will have to tackle that another time. The wallpaper looks awful in these pictures but it's not bad in person. It is nearly bullet proof and has survived numerous big dogs and all manner of abuse. I had a roll of the paper left over from 16 years ago that has been in the attic all this time. When I moved a cabinet and had to repair the wall in a large section I patched it with the paper and it matches perfectly. It even still had the pre paste on it so I just wet it and put it up. I just can't bring myself to tear it off. I've stripped wallpaper before and know what a job it is. It would look so much better without it but it's not too bad with it. Still have to repair the baseboard and a few other touches. So without further ado, here is the almost finished laundry room.

Barker Cabinet Washer/Dryer Appliance Cabinets RTA from Oregon to Atlanta special order
Kraus sink and sink grid
Black Pearl granite
Faucet Hansgrohe can't remember the name
Battery operated stick on under cabinet lights

Cut out for access to water valves. I hated to do this but I put a basket over it. I opted not to lower them behind the washer because the granite is so heavy and it might have affected the drainage of the water. If this was a new build we could have figured out a better way. I did have the plug lowered for the W/D and kept the old electrical outlet that is above the W/D.

{{gwi:1914599}}
Across from the W/D are the two new cabinets with the black pearl granite top. Still have to put the pulls on.
{{gwi:1914600}}
The new lamp.
{{gwi:1914602}}
I just covered the cutout with a basket that I can put my laundry soap, softener and stain sprays in.

I love my stool from Wayfair that I can sit on when sorting, loading/unloading W/D and folding clothes. I like to inspect everything so I like to sit there at my leisure to sort the laundry and also to dry inside of washer etc.
The whole room:
{{gwi:1914603}}
another shot:
{{gwi:1914604}}

That't it. It's so nice to have all the space to fold clothes. We put all the doggie treats and dog food stuff in some of the cabinets and used the top drawers for office supplies. So nice to have a place for this stuff. Also moved all the computer modem and Ooma phone stuff out there. We had them drill a hole in the granite to access the plug and pull all the wires through from under the cabinets. I'm so glad to have all of that out of the kitchen. I also put my Vitamix in the laundry room because the laundry room is right off the kitchen. It's really like having a scullery kitchen. I use it for a lot of things. I was able to get rid of the island sink in the kitchen which took up too much room from the work space, we never used it and now just use the laundry room sink if I do ever need a second sink.

Thanks for taking a peek.

Comments (5)