Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perwoll Black Substitute? Among others...

Posted by fahrenheit_451 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 13, 10 at 13:00

We have a cache of recently purchased European laundry products, but we are in need of Perwoll Black as it is running out. However, until the prices come down to reflect the exchange rate (that I believe will even move more on parity) we will not be purchasing any European laundry products. Can others recommend what they are using in place of Perwoll Black and Vernel? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perwoll Black Substitute? Among others...

I think the only competitor in the US is Woolite Dark.

At Target it does not have an HE symbol.

The bottle at Costco has an HE sticker on it though.

I guess it is the same product.

Fabric Softner is all about the same unless you want "green" FS.

I use Downey from Costco but considering their Kirkland "green" softner. Wounder if it would cause less build up in the machine?

o

deeageaux,

Thanks for the Costco lead (I loathe that institution, but my wife loves it). I have found the Woolite Dark, but not in the HE formulation. I will have my wife look for it the next time she goes to Costco.

o

Yea last time I was in there they were doing a demo of it at Costco. I got mine at target, works great. Never bothered to get the german made detergents for the delicate clothing. Only the normal Persil line, the rest of my line up is the home grown Woolite for darks HE and fragrance free downey.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here