Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sardog13_gw

LG Washer Vibration

SARDog13
10 years ago

We started to have this vibration issue a few months ago. We had the recall taken care of and it got worse. It takes forever to spin the clothes, the time is constantly changing and "load and forget" is a thing of the past.

I called LG and a repair technician, a different from the one who did the software upgrade, called to schedule an appointment. He was immediately on the defensive and had to order a part that didn't come in until yesterday. I'm not sure what the part was as I never saw it when he showed up. He was on the phone the whole time with LG and didn't know what the error codes were. I wasn't impressed. His opinion was that my floor needs reinforcing and I should put a post under my washer to reduce vibration. The washer worked fine until the recall. Just the normal UE codes when the load got out of balance. Now it takes forever to do a load of laundry and the clothes are still soggy when they come out.

I'm getting a second opinion in three days. I'll repost with an update then. Both of my Sisters-In-Law have LG's and couldn't be happier. One has the same model as we do and the other has a front loader. If it's our floor, any recommendations on reducing the vibration? It's located on laminate flooring over Truss Joist manufactured I-Beams. Thanks!

Comments (2)