Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mysterious water accumulating in my amana front loading drier

Posted by Carol749 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 11:49

It's the weirdest thing, I've owned this dryer 3 years with no problems, now after I remove the dry clothes and when I'm ready to dry another load (usually the next day) I find clean water (maybe 4 to 8 oz) in the drum...my husband cleaned the vent hose but it hasn't helped. Any ideas on where this water is coming from?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mysterious water accumulating in my amana front loading drier

Sounds like a venting issue (or an Air Conditioning issue)

If your dryer is in an air conditioned area, hot humid outside air is probably leaking into the dryer and is condensing in the cool dryer.

It's either being pulled in by your A/C system and or the dryer vent damper may not be closing tightly enough to keep air from backing into your home via the dryer duct.

You may want to have your A/C system checked to see if it's causing a negative air pressure in your house.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Keep us posted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here