Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taxtax

Planning on W/D, questions on hookups

taxtax
10 years ago

Hello all. I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this, but here goes.

The previous owner seems to have taken their stacked Washer/Dryer including hookups with them. I have decided to finally get my own (less trips to a laundromat).

Fist time doing all this, so the basics are still new to me. I searched around and there are still stacked units sold in places. My washroom is small, and the only hookups installed for washer/dryer are in the washroom in this house. So that is where I will put it.

I'm not sure here, but I"m guessing it looks like either I need to put in a 90 deg metal elbow here, or could I still just connect the aluminum (stretchy) connector without worry? I'm debating on my options here. Currently the way the previous owner left things are looking like the images I included.

I"m also guessing here, but I am assuming I will have to buy water hoses (hot, cold, dispeller), and also power cable as well, since these never come with the units I am guessing?

I'm curious what your thoughts are on this. Also, is there any decent method of checking this vent to make sure it's not plugged? Or can that easily be done from checking the pressure from the unit when installed and running?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths