Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjl443

Washing Machine issues - help!

rjl443
11 years ago

Hi - Sorry for the long-winded post. I have tried 3 different front loaders in the last many years:

(1) Maytag Neptune - lasted a few years with many repairs in the process - replaced with (2)

(2) Bosch - kept locking the door on my and now unlocking - replaced with (3) after 2 years

(3) Whirlpool Duet Sport (floor model) - many problems with the control board/cycles not finishing, has been repaired 5 times in 4 years for these issues.

I decided to buy a top loader and bought the GEGTWN4250

http://www.lowes.com/pd_395165-83-GTWN4250DWS_4294857976__?productId=3690686&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar:1

After less than a week on sheets washing cycle it pulled the sheets into the agitator and somehow got it caught up in the center of the washer and broke the agitator right off the machine and broke the associated plastic parts also. Sheet is caught up in the motor, shredded.

My husband was home and heard this happening and stopped it. The washer, less than week old is destroyed.

What should we do? I just want a reliable washer. I don't care about how much water it uses, I just want clean clothes and to be able to wash cloth diapers in it.

Thank you!

Roberta

Comments (3)