Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oxydol Detergent

Posted by i_dig_it (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 8, 10 at 11:01

I recently noticed Oxydol powder detergent in Dollar General and was wondering if anyone here has given it a try lately?
I remember Oxydol from years ago when it was a P&G product, but now it is owned by a different company and I suppose the formula is different too.
I don't remember all the ingredients on the box, but they were something like surfactants, enzymes, sodium carbonate and other cleaning agents, or something to that effect.
The box claims it is for use in conventional as well as HE machines and is supposed to keep clothes smelling fresh longer. I just don't want something that is strongly fragranced, like Gain, yuck!
They have a website, but I could not find much information about the ingredients, but you can print out a $1 coupon!
So if anyone has tried this new Oxydol please give me your thoughts.

TIA

Here is a link that might be useful: Oxydol Detergent

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oxydol Detergent

I just bought a box of it the last time I needed detergent. The old Oxydol was a fav of my mother's. It smells to me just like it used to and the aroma was fairly noticeable in the machine, but the dried laundry did not have much of an aroma at all. Cleaned like gangbusters. I'd buy it again.

o
RE: Oxydol Detergent

I was so happy to see the powder on the shelf. It works great and smells clean. The scent I remember from my childhood. Not overpowering at all. I didn't have to use any additives at all. I will definately be using oxydol as my main detergent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here