Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
105F warm wash in LG FL - possible?

Posted by izeve (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 6, 11 at 10:28

I've had an LG front loader with a heater for about 8 or 9 months and am very pleased with its washing ability. However, the one thing that this washer does not offer and I really really would like is a true warm wash. The LG seems to be calibrated to 90F for a warm wash and 120-130F for a hot wash but there isn't anything in between. I have a really long water pipe between the washer and the water heater. Any suggestions on how to play the cycles to get a 100-105F warm wash?

I tried running a hot wash without flushing the pipes - that results in an initial fill at about 100F which is great but then the heater kicks in and continues to heat the wash past 105F.

I am not sure if the heater is activated for warm water cycles but I have observed that a longish warm water wash has an initial fill of about 90F and remains at over 86F throughout the wash portion, so I'm assuming the heater does maintain the temperature for warm washes as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 105F warm wash in LG FL - possible?

Well, which model do you have? Have you tried adding more wash time or options like Steam?

o
RE: 105F warm wash in LG FL - possible?

I have a simple model WM2301, no steam and no fancy features. I do have a "Stain Cycle" option which adds time to the cycle and engages the heater but it also changes the temperature of the wash from Warm to Hot (so it will heat up to 120-130F).

As I'm writing this, I'm wondering what would happen if I tried a Cold wash with Stain Cycle - got to try that next ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here