Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluing in Bravos MVWB850

Posted by sld_sandy (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 11 at 10:20

How should I use Bluing in my new Bravos?
Normally, I would add bluing when filling the washer, let it a agitate a little, add the clothes and let them soak. With this new Bravos washer sensing the load and lid locking,I cannot do this...Advise would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluing in Bravos MVWB850

If you are using Mrs. Stewart's, dilute your bluing in 1 quart of water. If you can't add the diluted bluing directly to the wash, fill up one of the detergent dispensers with as much diluted bluing as it will hold. I would also fill up the FS compartment as well. Make sure your bluing is first diluted in 1 QT of water otherwise you run the risk of staining your detergent drawer.

o

It seems to me it *might* be best to load the laundry, let the water go into the washer and agitate for a moment or so, then add the bluing (already diluted in a quart of water), let the washer agitate a few minutes, then let the laundry soak as you mentioned.

You can press Pause to unlock the lid lock; I have this washer.

I haven't ever used bluing, in any type washer. This just seems like it might work well.

o

Click on the link below and read the comments from others as to what Mrs. Stewart's Bluing does for your laundry. No bleach, just white clothes. My grandmother and mother used this and I just followed their lead. I'm always getting compliments on my white clothes. Now, I just need to figure out how to use it in this new washer. Mara, since you have this washer, I'm going to try as you suggested...Will keep you posted.

http://www.mrsstewart.com/pages/custcomments.htm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here