Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leonel_2010

ecosmart GWL15 Problem

leonel_2010
13 years ago

Machine stop at the end of the spin cycle so light 1 and 7 are on with a beeping sound.

Comments (3)

• dadoes
    13 years ago

Fault Code 130, Single Rotor Position Sensor Error - the motor controller board found an error in the data pattern received from the Rotor Position Sensor.

The Rotor Position Sensor (RPS) is a component inside the motor used to read its rotational position so the controller board can operate the motor for agitation and spin. Possible causes of this error are a bad wiring connection (broken wire or corroded connector) between the RPS and controller board, a bad RPS module, or (less likely) a bad controller board.

However, you should to check in Diagnostic Mode to confirm the fault code.

- With the machine's power off, press and hold Wash Temp Down, then press Power at the same time. Should get two beeps and the panel turns on. Release the buttons.

- Press Spin Speed Up and/or Down repeatedly as needed to get BOTH the HOLD and SLOW spin lights on.

- The last recorded fault is displayed on the eight wash progress lights in binary fashion. Add together the numeric value of the lights to get the code.
    From left to right: 128, 64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1. For example, first light (128) + seventh light (2) = 130.

- Press Power to exit diagnostics.

Access to the RPS is from beneath the machine and requires disassembly of the motor. Specific steps & precautions are involved. I could send a service manual, but you don't have an e-mail contact on your GardenWeb profile.

• leonel_2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ok Dadoes i did the diagnostics and these are the results:
    press wash temp down and power at the same time , I got the 2 beeping.
    press spin speed up and down: i did tit several time trying to get Both lights to come on the HOLD AND SLOW but not luck, when i press the spin up i get this code:
    light # 8 red, , light 7 & 6 orange and light 5 green.error code = 15
    Press the spin down i get this code: light # 7 & 6 solid orange,
    so hope this info can help you.

• dadoes
    13 years ago

Are you pressing Spin Up and Down at the same time? That's not how to do it, sorry if I wasn't clear.

There are sixteen levels of diagnostic readings, Level 0 through Level 15. Diagnostic Mode starts at Level 0. The spin speed lights indicate the level in binary. Add up the speed lights for the level you're in.
    Fast = 8
    Medium = 4
    Slow = 2
    Hold = 1Press Spin Speed Up to move upward through the levels:Â 0 -> 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 and so forth.
    Spin Spin Down moves back:Â 5 -> 4 -> 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> 0

You want Level 3 (Hold 1 + Slow 2 = 3) to get the last fault code, so immediately after getting into Diagnostics, press Spin Speed Up three times, then check the cycle lights for the code. If you go too far and pass Level 3, then you would use Spin Speed Down to go back.
    Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Level 0 (no speed lights)
    [spin up] -> Level 1 (Hold)
    [spin up] -> Level 2 (Slow)
    [spin up] -> Level 3 (Hold & Slow)