Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need a new washer

Posted by BarefootContessa (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 9:08

Hello. My washing machine broke yesterday and I need to get a new one asap. I have been wanted to get a new one so this is the push I needed. Here are my needs/wishes:

- desire a FL for reduced water use and less wear/tear on clothes
- want large capacity. My current FL capacity is 3.7 (I think) and I really want more. We are a family of seven.
- have a tankless water heater. Being able to wash using hot water is important (wash cloth diapers)
- width dimension must be 29 inches or less to fit in our space.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need a new washer

Electrolux WaveTouch or IQ Touch (4.4 cu ft 4.3 cu ft,respectively).

They have Sanitize and or Steam cycles for really hot washes.

27 inches wide for both versions.

o

Thanks for the reply. My local appliance guy is recommending the Whirlpool 4.3 cu ft. Says it has an internal heater that will heat to 155. Any thoughts? We have bought from this place in the past and have been happy w their recommendation and service.

o

Whirlpool is a mixed bag...I can't seem to find too many reviews on them and they're like the biggest American appliance manufacturer. Initial quality is one thing but more importantly is that it needs to work trouble free for years to come.

If you trust your appliance store, have them give you some sort of guarantee or option to swap out the machine if you're unhappy at all with your purchase.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here