Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clinresga

Need advice stat!

clinresga
9 years ago

So, my 94 year old Dad, who still lives alone, just told me his washer has died. The idea of shopping and purchasing a new set just overwhelms him, so I need to help out. He lives hundreds of miles away, so this will have to be an online transaction. Normally I'd spend weeks getting up to speed again on the current state of washer/dryers, but he needs a replacement immediately. So I'm asking the community to throw out some suggestions. The criteria:

Top loader washer. He's an "old dog" and doesn't want to learn about using front loaders. Will also need matching dryer, electric.

Mid-priced: he's obviously not a high volume user, but he doesn't want a cheapo, bottom of the line machine that will konk out in two years (yes, I know, he's 94, but what an optimist!). Doesn't need bells and whilstles--I suspect every load will be on the same settings.

Available to order online with delivery in Philadelphia. That means big box stores (HD, Lowes, Sears, BB) or a national online vendor like AJ Madison.

Would love recommendations--general, like what brand to consider, or better yet, more specific, like which model to select. Any and all thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor