Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
W1926 Miele washer-to repair or not?

Posted by potterhill (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 6:27

Washer may need a timer. I am leaning to repair but is it worth it? I know timers are $$$$ but no quote yet Repairman comes on Tuesday.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: W1926 Miele washer-to repair or not?

Do you have the service manual for your washer? Can you find the part you need? I Don't have a Miele but my 24" Asko is incredibly easy to replace parts on. Is the machine working well other than the timer?

o
RE: W1926 Miele washer-to repair or not?

Repair it! The W1926 may have been their best washer before they started dumbing them down for the US market. I have one, along with an operations manual, and for some reason a PDF of the service manual for the smaller versions (W1203, W1215, etc.). These were well over $1,500 when new, and they are built to last. Their new machines run on 120v rather than 240v power, so they take longer to heat the water and can't heat it to as high temperatures anymore. They also have less intuitive controls that nonetheless give you fewer options.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here