Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele W4240 floor model fair price

Posted by Portago (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 4:27

Does anyone know the dealer "cost" of a Miele W4240?
I inquired about a floor model since it's now discontinued, and they were telling me that Miele buys it back for full cost. I then asked if they could sell it to me for the same price since I already bought a DW from them.

So does anyone know what that price should be? (Keep in mind it's also scratched on the side) 30% off, 40% off?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele W4240 floor model fair price

I don't know about US but here in Canada Miele sells "B" grade items at their warehouse for 40% off. They also sell other items like "out of box", "A" grade, etc for different discount levels. But something with minor imperfections would typically sell for 40% off.

o

Thanks a lot, that's great info. I'm sure the markup is pretty much the same in the US.
Do you how much is the typical discount for an out of the box item? (just curious for the matching dryer seating next to it).
Thanks again!

o

I believe it would be about 30% (their standard discounts seem to be 30%, 35% and 40%).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here