Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Full Size Washer/Dryer suggestions, IntelliQ200 discontinued!

Posted by panzer1 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 12 at 3:23

I'm wondering about suggestions for a full size washer and dryer (needs to fit a king size comforter). I was thinking about the Miele IntelliQ200, but they are selling them out and I don't want to buy one before we are done building as I don't have any extra storage room currently. My other option is one of their commercial sets, but we need to use three phase power for that and we aren't sure if that is an option.

I'd love to hear suggestions for something that would be an alternate solution.

Thanks in advance for any help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Full Size Washer/Dryer suggestions, IntelliQ200 discontinued!

These were the next generation models after the W 48XX and T 98XX models. I would purchase them if I could. Miele gets it right and then abandons the series, oh well.

What is your substantial completion date of construction for your new residence? Is there a secure means of purchasing them and storing them in the new garage left clad in their shipping material (which isn’t much) and building a simple temporary plywood box around them? Do you have family who might store them for you? DO NOT stack these units atop one another for storage, shipping, etc. Save the two (2) shipping rods from the washer when installed. Good luck.

o
RE: Full Size Washer/Dryer suggestions, IntelliQ200 discontinued!

Thanks for your suggestion fahrenheit 451, I totally wish I could purchase them and store them! We started building a couple of months ago and were told to plan for a year before it would be completed. Our storage shed and my husbands shop are both stuffed full and the house we are currently living in doesn't have the extra space either. I asked if I paid would they hold them for me, but they said because they are clearing them out, they want them gone.

Do you have any experience with their commercial line? I feel like thats overdoing it a little, but I had a whirpool duet set before and although I liked them fine, they needed a $900 repair after 5 years (it was only because we had a maintenance plan for them that we didn't just go buy a brand new set). I would rather pay the extra money up front for something that will last. I know that the trend right now is to just buy something cheap and replace it in a few years, which is so frustrating to me. The rep from Miele told me that they just can' compete which is why they are discontinuing.

If we can't get the 3-phase power to run the commercial line, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again.
Spring

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here