Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
podge8

eurofoodmart.com

podge8
13 years ago

Anyone get their Persil order from eurofoodmart.com? I ordered both the Universal and Color Megaperls on June 22nd after reading about the site here, and haven't heard anything from them other than the initial order confirmation. Perhaps everyone on this site ordered Persil because of their lower price and they ran out? :)

Comments (24)

• podge8
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Answering my own post here, but I just received an e-mail from eurofoodmart.com and they are out of stock on Persil, waiting for the next shipment from Germany. It should come on Tuesday, and my order will ship on Wednesday, which means I have to wait about two more weeks (I'm in California) to try this amazing Persil you all speak of! I think you all beat me to ordering from them! :)

• mieleforme
    13 years ago

I received my order today and it was wrong. Instead of a box of megapearls universal and colors. I got two bags of Persil gold. My biggest problem with that is quantities are significantly less. The bag says 20 loads where the box of the normal stuff ( that I orderd) was around 45 loads. Sent them an email waiting for reply. God I love the smell of this stuffÂ..

• larsi_gw
    13 years ago

Persil Gold is THE BEST!! You got the true german version. This is the stuff my family sends me, and brings to me from Germany! I HATE Megaperls (as does my entire family in Germany). I love the Persil Universal Powder, but it is murder on colours and darks. Persil Gold is a powder, made for colours, darks and brights!!

I do not know why Persil Gold is not sold in the USA!!

I also CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW SOMEONE DOES NOT LIKE THE SMELL OF PERSIL!!!! It is fresh, clean, old-fashioned...and after being dried the smell is faint and soft!! I'll take Persil any day over some gag inducing American detergent... Apple Mango Tango, Enchanted Peach Blosson Evening or Sunny Hawaiian caramel Citrus surprise!!!! LOL :)

• sshrivastava
    13 years ago

Persil Gold is available for $26.95 from www.eurofoodimports.com.

• mieleforme
    13 years ago

Larsi, you freaken kill meÂlolÂ. I agree anyone who doesnÂt like the smell of Persil needs to have their head examined. I wish every house hold cleaner I used had that scent. As far as all of crazy scents we are trying to infuse into our laundry here, well, itÂs disgusting. Germany does many things brilliantly, this is one of them. The only detergent I like the smell of other than Persil is Gain, and even it is no comparison. ItÂs just a clean laundered scent. I even use fragrance free Downy as not to cover the Scent of Persil. Maybe IÂll just keep it. But please clarify however; this is good for whites and colors? Check out this link, they donÂt specify the gold as being for colors, but another line for that. I donÂt know, IÂm a little confused. Also what do you think about the "Scan System" line? Germans are so brilliantly crazy, I have to go there some day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Persil Gold

• sshrivastava
    13 years ago

If your Persil Gold is powder and not Megaperls, you have a less concentrated product requiring approximately 50% more detergent. If I were you, I would be a little upset that I paid for concentrated Megaperls but got less concentrated powder for the same price.

• mieleforme
    13 years ago

I agree sshrivastava. While this might be a good product it is technically half of what I ordered. Not to mention I didn't get any detergent for my colored clothing. I'm awaiting their reply........

• larsi_gw
    13 years ago

mieleforme,

Persil Gold is for COLOURS and DARKS! For whites and light clothing, you need to use Persil Universal Powder.

My box, entirely auf Deutsch, specifically says that Persil Gold protects colours, and prevents fading, while caring greatly for the fabric and colours!

• jetcity
    13 years ago

I placed my order on eurofoodmart for the same items as you (universal and color megaperls - 45 load boxes). My order should be here Tuesday, I'll be curious to see if it's correct...

• apalmieri
    13 years ago

I too ordered one box of megaperls for whites and one box for colors and got two bags of Persil Gold from eurofoodmart. I emailed them, and they told me to send them back and let them know how much I paid for shipping. I decided to keep the two, but I will not order from them again. It also took about three weeks to arrive, so I will go to a more reliable dealer.

• podge8
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Looks like we're in the same boat here! I got the same Persil Gold bags. Lars, I think the bags we received are different from what you have. Mine do not have German on them at all, and it looks like it is made for the Eastern European market. It has Polish, Romanian, Hungarian, etc. on it. It also has pictures of white shirts on it. I found a Henkel website that said Persil Gold is "Expert for bright whiteness and toughest stains," which seems to imply that it is for whites. There is also a Persil Color, which is "The expert for bright colors."

As for the money paid, $20 for these bags is not unreasonable at all. However, we thought we were getting Megaperls for half the usual price. Too good to be true, I guess! I think I'll just keep my bags and be happy with them, and not hassle with return shipping, etc. The scent is very nice, and makes the whole downstairs of my house smell great! Now to go find some Persil for colors...

Here is a link that might be useful: Persil Gold

• larsi_gw
    13 years ago

Maybe the reason my German Persil Gold is different, is because I have the Gel (liquid) version! I generally always like gels and liquids better.

My bottle says Persil Gold, für leuchtende Farben (for sparkling colours). I LOVE it!!

I also use German Ariel gel mit ActiLift, Colour & Style. While it smells really great (not as good as Persil)...it has a special feature, that after 4-5 washes, it helps repel stains from setting in. I use it mainly on my son's clothes (almost 4 years old). It really does seem to work. Chocolate milk, ketchup, blood, grass, school paint, etc....Nothing stains!!

• livebetter
    13 years ago

Larsi, what exactly does this Ariel coat the fibres with to repel stains? Just curious.

My Persil Sensitive leaves aloe beads on the clothes and they are supposed to "break" open as one wears the items and thus transfers aloe to the skin. I'll be honest ... that freaks me out a little!!

• jetcity
    13 years ago

It's official... my order came today and I got two bags of the gold like everyone else. I do LOVE the smell though :-)

Since this is not the megapearls, how much should I use? I have hard water and usually do med to large size loads.

I'm going to email them because I basically got half the amount I thought I would be getting, plus none for colors.

• mieleforme
    13 years ago

I gave eurofoodmart a few days to reply to my email and they hadn't. Since I paid with PayPal I was able to open a dispute. Since this order was technically half of what I ordered, I asked for half of my money back, about $25. They agreed according to an email I just got from PayPal. I do like the gold but not only was it not what I ordered, but like many have mentioned, it was half the concentration. Im pleased they agreed to this partial refund but hope they update their website to reflect the appropriate products.

• cynic
    13 years ago

Sounds like a ripoff joint to me. Constantly shipping something different than you order and half the value. Persil is outrageously expensive to start with and then to pay double would not be tolerated by me, that's for sure.

• anitram
    13 years ago

Hi, long time lurker here... I ordered several times from eurofoodmart.com and it's not the most organized website but he tries to make it right. I never tried to order megapearls and recently ordered Persil Color liquid from there and I received it after a while. I like the site because of the free shipping over $100. I'm german and order some groceries there. He likes to substitute or he will send a check along with the order if the stuff is not in stock. I think it's like a 1 man business.
    I like the persil gold better than anything else, last time I ordered it I got it from malincho.com

• anitram
    13 years ago

www.parthenonfoods.com has persil for colors. I never ordered there but they have a lot of different eastern european detergents that might also be good. And there is a banner on the frontpage that lists a 7% coupon off any order. I'm not sure how much shipping would be either.

The only other international detergent besides persil that I ever tried for colors was soad. That's an israeli detergent made by Henkel, but I didn't like it much.

• kateskouros
    13 years ago

i just ordered persil gold (german bag) from germandeli.com. it was only a few dollars higher in price than eurofoodmart and i wanted to make sure i got german version.

• sshrivastava
    12 years ago

Someone just posted about this place being a rip-off and taking your money and then not shipping any product. The post was deleted. What's going on here?

• livebetter
    12 years ago

I saw that post too??

• sshrivastava
    12 years ago

Maybe the moderator sleeps with the owner of eurofoodmart.com LOL

• sshrivastava
    12 years ago

Better Products Online has some of the lowest prices for Persil. I have ordered from them and they are a good company.

Persil Universal Powder (120 loads) @ $89.00
    Persil Color Megaperls (90 loads) @ $79.99
    Persil Universal Megaperls (90 loads) @ $79.99