Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Super Large Miele Alternatives

Posted by cyberspacer (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 2:24

Since Miele has discontinued their super large capacity laundry set with gas dryer option, are there any informed opinions out there as to what would be a 2nd best choice?

I absolutely love their laundry, but as I plan on moving into an apartment that probably only has a gas dryer hookup, Miele would have to be excluded altogether as their remaining product offerings only offer a 220 volt dryer.

Capacity is not as important, but fabric care cycles, delicate and hand wash cycles as well as an internal water heater are.

My family (pre-Miele) has had top of the line Kenmore and Maytag laundry in the top loader days, so I don't know if these companies offer a good quality, effective fabric care and washing system.

Any input would be appreciate.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Super Large Miele Alternatives

I know Electrolux has a line of large capacity washer/dryers and is gentle of clothing. No personal experience in that department. The only thing that I've heard as far as cons would be poor durability. I have a Samsung but it's not what I'd call super capacity. I went from a 4.9 cu ft monster machine that was terrible at cleaning and rough on clothes to a 3.7 cu ft drum that's far more gentle and cleans far and above the other, but I cannot fit my king size comforter in that drum. Not even close, but this comforter is like a stay-puft marshmellow with a big quilted top.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here