Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reverse tumble in dryers

Posted by lalitha (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 1:15

Which brands have reverse tumble preferably throughout the cycle? From AJ Madison, it looks like only fisher paykel and GE? Any others? This is very important to me as we wash several long sheets every week and wrestling with the knotted mess is what I hate the most.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reverse tumble in dryers

I tried the Electrolux Wave Touch, and their reverse tumble only activates the last 9-10 minutes....so by that time, there can be a big ball of sheets tumbling around.

Miele ELECTRIC dryers reverse tumble from the cycle start to the finish. Their gas dryers reverse tumble less.

My Mom has the GE (the one with the ugly tear drop shaped door) and hers reverse tumbles, but I do not know the frequency. She does always say how good her sheets dry though.

Never seen the Fisher Paykel in action, but I know a few members on our board have one, and they seem happy.

I could learn to love and live with another washer besides my Miele W4842 (although I love it), I could not live without my T9802 Electric dryer. It reverse tumbles so much, I maybe iron 1-3 items PER YEAR. It is a totally amazing dryer!!!!

o

Lalitha,

F&P SmartLoad and AeroSmart dryers (both electric and gas) run a tumble pattern of 4 minutes forward and 40 seconds reverse throughout the cycle (both drying and cool-down).

Each 30-second tumble period (every 5 mins) reverses during the Wrinkle Free extended-tumble function, which can run for nearly 24 hrs (255 tumble cycles) as protection against wrinkles if one can't unload immediately.

o

@larsi: I was afraid of sheets in a ball in the elux. I did one load with 6 sheets, quilt cover and some other small items... none of it got balled up even though i had 3 fitted sheets and all of them were evenly dry.

I think i enabled the perfect tumble (i think that's what its called)

o

I have had the E'lux washer and dryer since February and have found that the Perfect Tumble feature works very well to keep things from tangling up. No more tangled clumps of jeans, and my king sheets come out smooth and not rolled up in a ball.

Cj

o

@cj47 what does the term "Perfect Tumble" mean?

o

I got the email response fron Elux on their "Perfect Tumble"

Yes, �the 70 Series uses a Reverse Tumble..... �It is called "Perfect Tumble" in the Specs. �Here is a copy of the specs for Perfect Tumble- �

PERFECT TUMBLE
The perfect tumble option uses reverse tumble
action during cool down to reduce tangling and
wrinkling.

The 70 Series has the most Custom Features of any Washer on the market.��

So basically other than Miele, I seem to be out of options for full fledged tumble.

o

So basically other than Miele, I seem to be out of options for full fledged tumble.
You didn't read the details I provided above on F&P's reverse tumble?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here