Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lalithar

Reverse tumble in dryers

lalithar
11 years ago

Which brands have reverse tumble preferably throughout the cycle? From AJ Madison, it looks like only fisher paykel and GE? Any others? This is very important to me as we wash several long sheets every week and wrestling with the knotted mess is what I hate the most.

Comments (9)

• larsi_gw
    11 years ago

I tried the Electrolux Wave Touch, and their reverse tumble only activates the last 9-10 minutes....so by that time, there can be a big ball of sheets tumbling around.

Miele ELECTRIC dryers reverse tumble from the cycle start to the finish. Their gas dryers reverse tumble less.

My Mom has the GE (the one with the ugly tear drop shaped door) and hers reverse tumbles, but I do not know the frequency. She does always say how good her sheets dry though.

Never seen the Fisher Paykel in action, but I know a few members on our board have one, and they seem happy.

I could learn to love and live with another washer besides my Miele W4842 (although I love it), I could not live without my T9802 Electric dryer. It reverse tumbles so much, I maybe iron 1-3 items PER YEAR. It is a totally amazing dryer!!!!

• dadoes
    11 years ago

Lalitha,

F&P SmartLoad and AeroSmart dryers (both electric and gas) run a tumble pattern of 4 minutes forward and 40 seconds reverse throughout the cycle (both drying and cool-down).

Each 30-second tumble period (every 5 mins) reverses during the Wrinkle Free extended-tumble function, which can run for nearly 24 hrs (255 tumble cycles) as protection against wrinkles if one can't unload immediately.

• bonesoda
    11 years ago

@larsi: I was afraid of sheets in a ball in the elux. I did one load with 6 sheets, quilt cover and some other small items... none of it got balled up even though i had 3 fitted sheets and all of them were evenly dry.

I think i enabled the perfect tumble (i think that's what its called)

• cj47
    11 years ago

I have had the E'lux washer and dryer since February and have found that the Perfect Tumble feature works very well to keep things from tangling up. No more tangled clumps of jeans, and my king sheets come out smooth and not rolled up in a ball.

Cj

• georgect
    11 years ago

@cj47 what does the term "Perfect Tumble" mean?

• lalithar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I got the email response fron Elux on their "Perfect Tumble"

Yes, �the 70 Series uses a Reverse Tumble..... �It is called "Perfect Tumble" in the Specs. �Here is a copy of the specs for Perfect Tumble- �

PERFECT TUMBLE
    The perfect tumble option uses reverse tumble
    action during cool down to reduce tangling and
    wrinkling.

The 70 Series has the most Custom Features of any Washer on the market.��

So basically other than Miele, I seem to be out of options for full fledged tumble.

• dadoes
    11 years ago

So basically other than Miele, I seem to be out of options for full fledged tumble. You didn't read the details I provided above on F&P's reverse tumble?

• E T
    2 years ago

I have an old free standing two way tumble frigidaire. I love this dryer so much I continue to repair it. It’s the best dryer I’ve ever owned. Quick drying not like the brand new dryer I have in the basement. I wish I could find this in stackable. I would suggest checking Frigidaire.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

@E T

Can you provide a photo of your dryer? And the model & serial number, which will verify the age? I'm curious how old is it, as to when Frigidaire had a dryer with reversing tumble.

Frigidaire reduced their washer & dryer line on the U.S. market within the last couple years to one topload washer, one dryer (gas or electric), and one unitary/stacked toploader laundry center. The current dryer they offer does not have reverse tumble.