Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
VZug in the U.S.

Posted by rick955i (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 1:07

Does anyone know if there is an importer of VZug washers and dryers from Switzerland? Their balance system seems typically Swiss over engineered http://youtu.be/TyS8qqZ6mTk

Would love to get my hands on one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: VZug in the U.S.

If the currency converter online is correct these things are very expensive. At those prices they are unlikely to be in the US - even Miele is having trouble competing with cheaper machines and they have an existing fan base.

o

I have been drooling over Vzug appliances for years. Repeated emails to the headquarters in Switzerland, in both English and Germany; regarding USA availability have been totally ignored. The items seem amazing!!!

o

Hi there Larsi
I'm the proud owner of a VZug Adora SLQ and a Miele W 5985 (both featuring the steam anticrease option). VZug quality is on a par with Miele

o

You could always import one from a European retailer. The exchange rate and shipping cost would be wicked but the heart wants what the heart wants :). My neighbor recently had a car shipped to him from Germany so it is certainly possible.

o

But these units run on 50Hz, which, as I understand, is a problem.

o

I got mine from this online shop (50% off the Swiss RRP) and they even arranged for delivery to Italy.

Here is a link that might be useful: VZug Adora Online shop

o

@ rudin...It lets you select USD ($). Will they ship to the USA???

o

Drop them an email. They arranged for the washer to be shipped to Italy (+ customs etc). I wouldn't be surprised if they helped you have the washer shipped to the USA

o

60Hz to 50Hz converters are available but don't know whether they are suitable for a washing machine. Just make sure the converter can handle the wattage.

o

They supply components to a couple of high end appliance companies in the US. Buying very expensive European appliances not designed or approved for use in the US with zero parts and technical support doesn't really compute. There are companies here already trying to make a go of it and their reputation for customer friendliness isn't exactly stellar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here