Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fordtech

Sears Ultra Plus No Longer Avaliable in 26.4 lB?

fordtech
12 years ago

I ran out of my big boxes of Sears Ultra Plus and have been waiting for the large 26.4 pound boxes to go on sale through the Sears website and noticed tonite that I can no longer find that size avaliable. Anyone hear if they have discontinued it?

Comments (20)

• izeve
    12 years ago

If you are thinking about the buckets, I think they have been gone a long time. Looking at Sears website, it appears that the selection of powders is now very limited. They have lots of liquids, which is a shame because that Ultra Plus powder detergent was very good...

• izeve
    12 years ago

Look in Sears Outlet. They have it on a deep discount.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ultra Plus Detergent

• fordtech
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Great price but they show it for pickup only and the nearest store with it in stock is in Ohio, 922 miles away.

• mara_2008
    12 years ago

Is there a Sears appliance store near you? Ours always have the Sears detergents in stock, often on sale.

• fordtech
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ill check that out mara, thanks. The nearest one is about 30 miles away but at least that is a possible shot.

• izeve
    12 years ago

fordtech, I have also noticed a "between sizes" box (180 loads) on sale at the regular Sears.com site. That one seems to be available for delivery.

• fordtech
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks izeve! I couldnt even find that on a normal search. Got 6 boxes of the 17lb size for 71.00 and tax and will pick up at the Sears store in the mall.

• fordtech
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here is a link if anyone else is looking to buy some. It appears that size may be going away too so I stocked up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears Ultra Plus

• izeve
    12 years ago

@fordtech, I stopped by my local Sears last night and got a 17lb box (180 loads) that is on sale for $12 now. My local store had a few of the large pink boxes left (275 loads) which is detergent plus softener but they were not on sale. The 120 or 125 load boxes were not on sale either and are now $20, so the 17lb box was a great bargain. I didn't ask, but it seems all sizes other than the 125 load box are being phased out.

• covingtoncat
    12 years ago

Fordtech, the link you posted now shows them at the regular price. I was there yesterday (like Izeve) and bought a box for $12, too. I guess the sale ended yesterday. They still had a few of the large boxes in the Ultra and the Ultra with fabric softener, but they were full price.

If anyone sees the big boxes go on sale, please post! Thanks.

• fordtech
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow, now that was a great deal for sure to find it on the last day of the sale. Glad I grabbed 6 boxes because this small town store is likely to not carry it again. I did notice the smaller boxes had gone up a lot too. My wife had purchased a similar size box of Tide HE powder last weekend and it was 23.99 on sale for 19.00, so I was sure glad to get these as it seems detergent is going through the roof. Sears must be wanting to maximise profits not along with the rest of the suppliers.
    The 17 pound boxes at this price were a little cheaper than the big boxes are per ounce on sale usually so this is fine for me. I bet when all they have left are small boxes cheap detergent will be history.
    Glad some of you got there in time!

• mara_2008
    12 years ago

Just got a Sears ad today from my local appliance store, and they have the orange box w/stain fighters on sale. IIRC, $10. I don't know how many pounds/ounces are in it.

• mara_2008
    12 years ago

Oops, forgot to say, that price is half off.

• fordtech
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Great! I got an email from the website thanking me for my purchase. It had links in the email to 3 different detergent ads. When you clicked on them all three of them said that page was no longer avaliable!

• happymomof2kids
    12 years ago

Do not panic just yet. I have noticed they periodocally change availability on their website. One week they may not have the liquid with softner and the next week they will. One week they will not have the unscented powder and then the next week they will. I don't know why they do it, but they do.

• covingtoncat
    12 years ago

Looks like the 180 load box is back on sale for $11.99. Check the on-line flyer as your area may be different. HTH

When I was at my local sears a week or so ago, they only had one type in that size box.

• fordtech
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, I clicked on the link I posted the other day and it is indeed on sale again.. great find covingtoncat!

• fordtech
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I think I discovered that this is even a better deal than the detergent I purchased before. When I purchased the large 26.4lb boxes last time it was the Advanced Formula. It appears that it is a less expensive version than the Ultra Plus concentrated. I missed that word concentrated before and if you figure you are getting more cleaning power in the concentrated version per oz it is a better bargain than the big box Advanced Formula.
    Least wise that is how I am interpreting the difference. I could not tell you what is advanced about the formula in the other since they both seem to have the same or similar ingredients.

• izeve
    12 years ago

@fordtech, I don't think there is really a difference in the formula, just different packaging. I think both boxes have the same dosing instructions so both are concentrated. I think that Sears is raising prices and changing the packaging and getting rid of some of the older stock. The new boxes seem to be 120 loads (not 125 as they used to be) and they are $19.99 (not $15.99 as they used to be).

• fordtech
    Original Author
    12 years ago

izeve, you are probably right for the most part. But I did check just now and both do show one scoop for one load, but the scoop for the Advanced formula is 20 percent larger volume. Not a big deal considering the overall cost. More just an observation than a point made. They certainly have raised prices. I wonder if the ingredients have soared that much or are they just trying to make thier sale prices look more fantastic than they really are.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm